Saturday, January 27, 2007

Los Angeles Heat

I got a job! Well I already have a 9-5 or in my case a 5-1 kind of job but I got my first job as a photographer. A while back I hung out with some old friends at a high school football game.

Earlier that day I was at the Operation Christmas Child warehouse taking pictures so I had my camera with me. I didn't want to leave my baby in my car so I brought it with me to the game. As I sat on the bleachers watching this game I took pictures of everything and everyone around me, including my friends. I drove home that night knowing that I had annoyed one of my friends by trying to get a picture of him and not focusing on the game. As a result of that night that same friend recruited me to take pictures of a football team that he helps coach. Now this is no ordinary team with ordinary guys. This is the Los Angeles Heat football team. This team is comprised of fire fighters and guys from other law enforcement agencies. Now before you start jumping to conclusions let me clarify something, this is not a calendar shoot and ladies I do not need help carrying my camera bag...I got this one covered. Saturday morning was my first official shoot. I was really nervous and I still had anxiety that started the night before. As I got out of my car I prayed and asked God to give me a supernatural ability to take great pictures. I got my camera out, walked on the field and did my thing. I absolutely loved it. I never thought that I would get a rush or high from taking pictures but I did and I have to say it's addicting. I cant wait to get out there and do it again.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED THOSE SHOTS!!!!! WOW!!! YOU GO GIRL!!! It's exciting to see how the Lord has blessed you doing something you love to do!!!

me :)

Anonymous said...

Los Angeles Heat watch out~here comes HOT FLASH~that's camera flash of course! Ü LOL!
My friend as usual GREAT JOB!!! Keep it up!!! - J Ü

Anonymous said...

Awww, and I was going to ask to carry your bags!! ;)

xoxo...