Saturday, November 18, 2006

Runners High

Have you ever heard of runner's high? I just heard about it myself. It was explained to me as "a feeling of euphoria that a person gets from running." It must be the endorphins. I think of running as God's natural antidepressant. Well I think I have it. I have to confess, I didn't run today but I feel like I ran 10 miles. Today was a good day. It all started when my brother/neighbor made breakfast.

He makes the best chilaquiles

I went to my photoshop class. Then I spent the day with my mom. We went shoe shopping in Long Beach. We got lost and as we drove around looking for the shoe store, Runner's High. We ended up in Bay Shore. It looked so familiar. Then it hit me. I turned to my mom and we both yelled "this is the place!!" Where you may ask? This is the place where I got baptized 15 years ago. I remember it vividly. It was mother's day, my mom was pregnant from my little brother Isaac and I was only 15 years old. Being there gave me great joy to know that I loved the Lord at that age, and that even though I walked away from Him for many years God is so gracious to forgive and restore. I rededicated my life to Jesus 3 years ago and have since then been baptized again in the Jordan River in Israel. Awesome experience!!!

Bay Shore, Long Beach


We did find Runner's High after our short detour. My mom and I both bought running shoes. This is Kaylin who was nice enough to put my shoes on and tie my shoe laces. Great customer service! Runner's High also let's you go outside and give the shoes a little test run.

My new running shoes. Does this mean I have to start working out?


We ended the evening by going to Ikea in Carson. This shot was taken from their outdoor escalator.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend ~ I LOVE your honesty & vulnerability in your blogs! Thank you for sharing your heart! Ü

Woo who I'll have a walking partner~"Paramount Hill" here we come!!!

Love you~

-J

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the food!!!! NICE SHOT! Looks like you're a professional menu picture taker...heeheehee

Anonymous said...

Hermana!
What can I say? I am impressed! Your blog and your awesome pictures bring a smile to my face!
Love you!
m

Anonymous said...

Well my Sista, I must say - I was taken back by the 1st & last shots in this post. Wow!

The plate of chilequiles could easily be used in a picture-book for mexican food.

And any shot of a beautiful sunset allows my mind to escape for a while, thank you.

Kudos to you for allowing your writing skills to shine. Nice job Sis...

Jasmine said...

Yummmmm, chilaquiles!! You're makng my mouth water!! :)
Girl, I love the shoes...you made me jealous...in the good way, of course :)