Friday, January 12, 2007

Rewind to Dec. 2006

Let me start by apologizing for falling behind on my blog. Please allow me to rewind to December 2006. I went on a trip with my church to Bay St. Louis, Mississippi the week before Christmas. Our mission was to work and fellowship with members of a church that was started due to the Katrina disaster. Our group painted their sanctuary, we spent two days at local toy drive, we organized their kitchen and tool shed, and on our last night we hosted a Christmas party. I had the pleasure of being the trip photographer. I took lots of pictures, here are a few.

These were taken at an optometrist office right next door to the church


If you look closely at the wall you can see a line around the room marking how high the water level got




While there it rained for 24 hours straight as in NON STOP! We took a drive after the rain was over.









The day after the rain


The owner of this Rolls Royce is living in this FEMA trailer

The last day we were there the Pastor of the church took us to try Po Boys.
I being a seafood lover had the shrimp Po Boy.
It was delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again! Way to go my friend! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, seeing these pictures bring back so many bitter sweet memories...thanks for sharing them!I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to visit Bay St. Louis! Love ya! j